August 4, 2019

Rain Talk

I was riding on my bike to my office 
With dreary daily dullness
Yet happened to notice a drama in the sky 
Sun was so bright and suddenly dark cloud hid the light
As I tuned my hyper sensitive senses on
I heard them speaking in a meeting 
It was a round-table conference (earth is the table)
Between the sun and the ocean 
Clouds and rays were also presented -

Sun: I want them to be burnt;
I want them to be dead without water.

Clouds: No mom sends us to keep you calm.

Rays: Why should we be calm?

Sun: You have given enough chances;
You have a heart of a mom,
As you carry
From harmless to harmful,
From charmless to charming,
From formless to numerous forms,
Of lives in your womb...
Yet the mankind has become a threat to us:
They damaged even the timeless turtles
- One of your favourite children - 
You hold deep and special for centuries...
Yet you are too generous!

Ocean: I understand you are upset
And you can never relate to my decisions,
As You are made of totally different stuff;
I have seen better human beings
Who clean up the mess of their kind...
They love you and me equally!
So I am trying to help them
And give a few more chances.
Let my children do the job
Tuck yourself and take rest for a while
Last time our talk ended up in rough note
In anger I swept off a few lands
And sabotaged their livelihoods
Let’s not argue any further...

Suddenly, I felt drizzles on me
I veered my bike towards office
As the sky completely turns gloomy
Just after I entered office
It was pouring for an hour...






No comments: