August 4, 2019

She

I met a lady:
Chirpy and charming,
Stunning in looks,
Pretty she dresses herself,
Looks way too younger,
Child-like mischievous,
Makes herself a clown,
To hear the loud laughter of her friends!
I thought her to be a happy-go-lucky chic;
To my dismay - all deceiving looks!
Too short span of time I spent with her,
Yet we only have transparent heart to heart talks...

Her tufts of locks sum her a bit:
Neither wavy nor curly - 
Neither ultra modern nor too traditional;
Seems so nonchalant yet a layer beneath 
She is an emoticon who emotes a lot!
Multiple layers beneath her intelligence 
Puts me in awe:
She has sound opinions on politics,
Witty choices in sports and books,
Her tastes are totally unique,
Compared to any of my female friends.
Of all, the beauty lies in her humble nature:
She rarely showcases her brilliance!

And deep down below all the layers,
Shining old-school style 
Love thrives in her...
Purer and tender in form
Not for anyone to judge or comment 
But drives her to all the extremes
dramatically and traumatically;
Makes her clumsy, crazy and messy...
Yet she is fighting to raise above all,
Like you and me...
It’s an act of feminism - 
Know not what this patriarchal society 
Has for her, for you and for me...









No comments: