August 1, 2019

Friends From Stardust

I agree - you never asked for any of them;
I gave them all as a token of my gratitude!
You never know what have you given me:
You saved the dying part of me
That is so live and hopeful once,
You woke up those butterflies 
From almost 7 years of hibernation,
My purpose for life has been altered,
I got the drive to go on.
Without any concrete reason to quote,
You mean the world to me.
I give, give and give price-tagged materials
Not because I have in excess
But because I can’t express enough my gratitude
For the change you brought into my life
I know you don’t feel the same,
I understand you were there just for time-being,
Yet, nobody ever was there for me once in my lifetime
You showed me in such short span of time:
How it would be to live the life I dreamed!

I am aware:
I am too poor to achieve it,
I am physically incorrigible,
I am a boring person to converse,
I am old and pathetic,
I am clumsy and dramatic;
But, I never hide any of them
I am always true to myself and others...
Of all the human beings I know
I expect the least from you:
 Please don’t highlight any of them to me,
And just accept my gratitude gifts!
I understand you want to push me away,
So you hit hard on my soft spot.
Even you did indirectly - it hurts so much,
Neither I expressed how I feel about you,
Nor I ever cling on you tangibly...
Yet, you always advise me to be practical,
And to fit into the society I live in,
Which is impossible.
My inner self keeps drifting away from practicality.
I am sorry I can’t stake other’s life,
For my social and financial securities!

I can’t have control over my emotions either...
(I guess no one ever has!)
They get invested without my conscious choice,
They are super strong and rustic;
Once they organically grew fond of someone,
They can’t easily change their course.
My reasons keep them in tact in all seasons -
And make sure not to meddle with your course!
How can I be calm?
When you are physically and emotionally suffering?
I do keep myself away from you,
I don’t want to know your whereabouts,
I am being practical with you!
Though I wake up and go to bed with your thoughts,
I never ever tried to reach out to you;
Yet, the pain you are going through haunts me...
Too dramatic but true!
I always feel you next to me
Though we don’t talk for months together...
I believe we were stardust friends in the Universe
And are born in meat suits in different decades,
Who are not meant to meet each other
May be as a punishment...
Yet, we met!
I decided to take the punishment of the Universe:
I am literally running away from you;
With a hope to meet you again as stardust!



No comments: