September 19, 2026

Hand-in-Hand, Alone

With you, I dreamt alone,

But as a perfect couple;

Now, we are permanently torn…

Yet, my dreams were too supple—

Hand-in-hand you and me:

When the sky turns purple,

Just sipping our evening tea,

In silence with no crinkle;


It's neither the spike of lust,

Nor the gamble of trust;

We merely exist in the comfort

Of each other's presence with no effort

As time passes,

And the familiarity eases,

Each argument brings us closer,

Respect makes no one a loser;

It's easier to tolerate monotony,

With your stupid company…

I can be shamelessly stupid,

As you don't judge me for being timid…


My phone rings and I am sitting alone

With the reality of no one

You showed me the glimpse of my dream

Two years back and left me with silent scream

Indeed, now, you and I are just strangers,

Who just crossed paths as loss exchangers;

It's hard for me to ignore

The existence of your lore

Hope to let go of my dreams

One day I will heal and run along the stream…




No comments: